Saturday, November 20, 2010

why am i still here?

can someone please tell me?

[disclaimer]
i hope no one takes this the wrong way, it's absolutely nothing personal.
i have so many friends here that i love to death and am so grateful for
and i really do love my job and the people ive been able to meet this semester
but...


tonight i realized something.
despite the fact that i've been a lot happier here than before, i still want to leave so badly.
if my parents called me in the morning and said

"we understand and support you, and we're ok with you not finishing the semester. it's ok, just let your boss know what's going on and that you're sorry you have to quit. put the ticket on the credit card, just come back and figure things out and that'll be fine."

i would pack my bags and leave for the airport immediately.

sitting here right now, i cannot think of a single thing that would make me hesitate to leave.
there are definitely things and people that i would miss deeply,
but not enough to keep me here.

i cannot wait to say my final farewell to this place.

2 comments:

Juniper said...

There are so many cliche's I could spit at you to argue your claims, but I won't, because I'm not you and I don't know what you're going through, and I really like the blunt honesty that just came through this post. I was magical.

Ashleigh said...

though i will be sad when you leave, i know the feeling, so i understand. sometimes it's just time to move the h on. and i'm sorry you're sad. and i think we should hang out so that i don't come to spanish one day and find out that you've up and flown back to maryland without us hanging out more first. cause then i'd be pissed.