Wednesday, November 3, 2010

today,

I am feeling homesick.

the more time I spend away from home the more I realize what a beautiful place it is.
it's not just how pretty I think it is either, I'm appreciating the little things that make a place feel like home.

the things I miss the most:

thunderstorms and lightning
the color of leaves in the fall
my dog sleeping in my room
driving the back roads between all the farms
going to the big slide with friends
the comfy feeling of wearing fall clothes
the blue chair in the family room
watching cary grant movies in my parents room
the view of downtown westminster from mcdaniel hill
visiting my high school stage
the feeling of familiarity

I've tried really hard to embrace being here, and I absolutely love the family of friends that I have, but there's no denying it; this place is a waiting room.
it's a lull period.
it's an escape from reality

this is not home.
this is not where my heart feels at home.
this is not a place that will become my home.

I reside here, and I'm loving the experience,
but this place is not mine.

1 comment:

Juniper said...

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. I've been there.