Wednesday, November 10, 2010

hmm..

I don't usually blog about churchy stuff, but this has been really important to me lately, and I thought I'd share my thoughts.


I've been having a lot more spiritual experiences than usual lately.
I mean, it's been a conscious effort to make that the case, and it's working.
I'm a pretty huge fan of this.
especially after going to the open house, I cannot wait until I can go to the temple. Not to get married, and not to do baptisms with my ward. those are great reasons, but what I am really craving is the day that I can sit in the celestial room and have that feeling again. The place wasn't even dedicated and I've never felt peace like that in my whole life. I want to have hundreds of moments of being alone with the spirit in that room.
with that in mind, I've been trying to make some changes. It's been kinda rough, because they're really simple things that I've just been neglecting. Like morning prayer, loving my neighbor, forgiveness, and seeking opportunities to feel the spirit.
it's about two weeks into the 30 day goal my roommate and I have and it's been very hard, but I can already see the benefits. I feel the spirit so much more and I couldn't be happier about it.

I went to devotional today and I swear to you, that musical number came straight from angels. I was on the verge of an all-out breakdown. Chills, chest on fire, tearing up, everything. While I listened to that song I felt too infinite and larger-than-life to be contained within my body.
the concert choir sang How Great Thou Art. if I could pick one word to describe it, majestic.

so in the spirit of everyone's thankful posts, I am thankful for being a member of this church and the fact that I can feel the spirit of God around me and know that God loves me.

No comments: