Wednesday, September 29, 2010

leave Britney alone.

great day.
fun at work, espanol, theater makeup, Glee with friends.

two weeks into fall semester and things are already radically different.
good? bad?
both.


I've found that I'm not sure what's happening with my personality.
High-school Erin is making a comeback. uh-oh. watch your back.
[that wasn't meant to be sarcastic or pompous, I'm genuinely concerned about how it will effect my friendships]

I've found that I'm starting to place the people I see regularly into one of the following categories.

person 1:
let's be frank, you are extremely annoying. your attention-whore nature is a little excessive and don't disillusion yourself by thinking I'm the only one who feels this way. don't get me wrong, you have your moments of awesomeness but they're increasingly few and far apart. when those moments do come it turns into "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie". you can't stop. you're also much too needy and I need to get myself together before I can keep helping you.
what happened to your pedestal? I kept you up there for a while, and it's been yanked out from under you quite abruptly.

person 2:
where have you been this whole time? I've become intrigued and excited to get to know you as quickly as I lost my desire to know person 1. you're hilarious. you're pensive. you're witty. you're intriguing. you're genuine. you make me think that maybe my parents are on to something when they try to convince me to stay here. you're not new, I just hadn't taken the time to appreciate what I have when it comes to our friendship. how do I apologize for that kind of a mistake? if you know which words can cover it please tell me. thank you for being someone I instantly respect, being an example to me, and giving me more faith in people in general. apparently not everyone's crazy :]


I know we aren't supposed to judge, and we've been commanded to love everyone equally, but let's be honest.
I've never been the best at that.

2 comments:

Juniper said...

I love this. I feel the same way. I find that more people are forming into the Person 1 group though. My therapist says it's normal. Yes. I am seeing a therapist, don't judge it. And I have a new blog post. I think. Maybe. I haven't written it yet, but when you read this I might... Okay then. Sorry for the long delay.

Ashleigh said...

i gotta start blogging again. i love the blog world. also, i better be a person two or else i'm gonna punch you in the face. with my words. hahaha.