Saturday, September 25, 2010

life's tricky.

I had a conversation with my mom today about what I'm doing with life and what not.
She told me that this past summer that when I told her I was going to serve a mission in sacrament meeting one day she instantly knew that was why I'd had so much trouble deciding on what to do with my life. Because "you don't need to know yet".

Only problem is that the next year is not planned at all and I hate not having a plan. My mom thinks this is my lesson in how to "go with the flow". gross.

So, I've figured out some little details, but as far as the big stuff, I'm trying to just take what life hands me and take it one day at a time.

1. Monday morning I'm switching my major to English and dropping the Ed part.
- I don't want to teach here so I'm going to figure out what state I want to live in and then get my teaching certificate.
-a non-education major means a lot more job opportunities if I decide I don't want to teach.

2. I'm taking a course at the community college this summer to get my Event Planning Certification.

and that's all I got.

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

One: I'm super proud of you for wanting to serve a mission.
Two: I dropped the ed thing too, i think that was a goooood move!