Wednesday, March 30, 2011

buttercream.

I had no idea, but today someone made me see.
two and a half years. what must you have thought of me?
november 6th has always been so dear to my heart, but only now do I completely understand its significance.
I can't even comprehend all the things that were happening to you and all the pros and cons you had to weigh.
I still feel slightly justified in wanting to be a part of that consideration.
tonight I realized that those words at the beach were your sign to me that I had been. that even though your decision wasn't the one I wanted, you still wouldn't leave this place without giving me my own specific goodbye.
I may not know the details of how those things work, but something tells me you went above and beyond. I feel incredibly blessed.
how could I possibly thank you enough?
I am so painfully sorry that it took me this long to understand you, my favorite of them all, and your final words to me.
I hope that you can forgive my ignorance.
I love you just as much as always.
I cant wait to see you again, but in the meantime, I'm ready to let go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what this is. However, I really, really like it.

deany said...

just one of things i needed to put out into the universe to a friend thats no longer around. thank you!