Monday, April 4, 2011

happy times.

did you have a marvelous weekend?
I did.

I've been floating on, happy as can be, for the past week or so.
I go home in 12 days :]

ya know, I really am excited to get out of here, but I feel so much better about leaving now. some major, outlook-on-life shaping stuff has been going on the past week and I feel rejuvenated.
I was so excited for General Conference this weekend, and in the first few talks I heard so many things that I needed to be reminded of. I'm feeling really close to God right now, and have for the last little while.
I'm at peace. this semester was a huge funk for me, and it showed in so many things, my social life, my academic success, my fervor for everything. it's actually more like a lack thereof in all categories. but for now, the Big Man and I, we're on great terms.

I've mentioned before that I don't handle change well, but this one is going to be good. While I wish I could take all my friends back with me, I'm so anxious to just get to what I know I'm supposed to be doing. two weeks from now I'll be at home, spending time with family, and hopefully working, and most importantly, getting ready for my mission.
did I mention that I am extremely excited for that?? because I am.
I've known for almost a year that going on a mission is something that I'm going to do, something that I need to do. waiting to be old enough has been a pain in the butt, but it's getting closer!!!
even though where I'm going and what it will be like is still a huge mystery, I'm not even worried, I know it's going to be the best thing I'll do in my life, if not just my life thus far.

I can turn in my mission papers in:
51 days.

No comments: