Monday, October 31, 2011

I called it.

I probably can't do a lot of justice in writing to the changes that have taken place since coming home.
I spent the summer with family and friends, and when fall came I stayed right where I was. No packing, no airplanes, no classes.
And despite it being surreal that I'm home in Westminster with changing leaves, colder weather, and even snow, rather than back at the sandy, sunshiny, beach with groups of close friends, I'm the happiest I've been in a long time.
My patience is definitely being tried. Today marks three weeks and one day since my mission papers went in. I am itching to know what my future holds but most of all when it will start. That's the only part that frustrates me. Many people I know of who've recently gotten their calls don't leave until the spring. That's enough time for another semester!
Do I stay here where I'm happy but bored, or risk going back to unhappiness just to actually be accomplishing something? So many questions.

What's great though, is that I can already tell I'm becoming a new person. I find so little to complain about anymore and I'm content to roll with the punches as they come. That's pretty unusual for me. But don't get me wrong, I love it.

So although my day-to-day is much more low-key, and I'm often bored and lazy, the nights out with friends, the ysa activities, the afternoons at rehearsal, and even working, have added peace to my life.
I'm happy. So happy. I just feel... joyous.
Life is looking great, and I'm so thrilled I followed the guidance to serve a mission. Everything just feels right, and my faith and acceptance in following instructions has grown so much.

Maybe I'm crazy to say I didn't like Hawaii, or to blame any unhappiness on the fact that I was there, but there is no denying the fact that here I am in Maryland, the happiest I've been since high school.

3 comments:

Jake and Danica said...

Erin it's so obvious. You can't get Wheelwronged in Maryland :)

Mercedes Fullwood said...

awww girl. i'm glad you are here and you didn't leave. You have become the best friend anyone could have asked for while being out here. Love you girl and SOOO glad that I have gotten the chance to get to know you...but really I am so grateful for the mark you have left in my life and mostly my heart for such a great friend you have been. :)

brea said...

It's because we roomed together. Musta been a bad start...counting down the days til we got to go home for break! Lol I felt the same way staying home obviously your reason is more spiritually directional than mine, but none the less, i miss with all my heart and am stalking your blog to find out about your life instead of just calling you like I should :p love u Erin Dean! Forever and always