Monday, August 2, 2010

"Time Passes Differently There"

have you ever seen the movie Stardust?
well part of the plot is that a boy [Tristan] must cross The Wall into the other world or whatever to retrieve the just-fallen star as a token of his love for a girl [Victoria] and he has to do it by her birthday which is in a week.

well, tonight as I watched with friends, both new and old, I realized that the meat of the movie could not possibly take less than a week. I didn't count how many times they went to sleep or anything but the passing-time montages spoke for themselves. it seemed like much longer.

and it reminded me of Hawaii. tomorrow marks two weeks since I've been back. I could swear it's been two months. each individual day seems to go by insanely fast, but I feel as though I never even left. as though this summer was a terrific dream gone horribly wrong half-way through. either that or I'm on crazy pills [don't get me wrong, that's a perfectly reasonable possibility]. all day tomorrow I will be thinking "It's only been two weeks?? You've got to be kidding me."



It's starting to sink in that the next five months are going to be long ones.

No comments: