Friday, August 20, 2010

I. Love. Tonight.

Let's talk about why.


Have you ever been to Kahuku Grill?
Delicious.
the mural inside is beautiful, the food is superb, the background music is perfect.
I love those types of restaurants. the kind that has patio seating so you can enjoy the terrific weather. the kind that seems a bit rundown in its exterior but never struggles to remain open. the kind of place that looks like you would get fast-food quality but the food melts in your mouth and activates suppressed tastebuds. the place where you feel completely comfortable and at home sitting at a table with your friends eating burgers and lunch plates.

So there's this place called 7th Hole.
It's in Kahuku, and people generally go there to have bonfires at night.
Tonight I am very pleased to announce, our little cluster of usuals broke out of our cycle. We did not watch a movie. We interacted with other people. We got out of Laie [just barely, but still..]. We had a marvelous time.
That place and I have a history. One of the most incredible experiences I've ever had was at that beach. November 6th 2008. Infinite. While I was dipping my toes in the water there again and taking in the majestic night sky, I missed Caitlin a lot more than I had in a while. I will never forget that place.

Friendship is a funny thing.
You're basically saying, "you meet my standards of an acceptable person to have around, is it mutual? yes? perfect, let's spend heaps of time together and come up with insane and phenomenal and hilarious memories and pray to God it lasts as long as we want it to"
I've found that I cling to my friends more than they could ever realize. I do not like to be alone. When I'm alone I can't be distracted from the things that are too complicated to let my mind figure out. I genuinely get a high from being around my friends. That feeling is magnified on nights when I can tangibly feel those bonds becoming stronger and new ones forming. I crave that feeling.
Tonight that occurred a lot.


In addition:
grape Nos is delicious.
I'm not convinced they didn't makeout ;]
Heff, the bestie, gave me a haircut at about 3:30 am
and threw in some bangs at about 4.
Across the Universe is an incredible film.
I am a movie nerd. So bad.

[if you made it all the way through this, kudos. for real. I just kinda needed to get it all out cuz I dont have my journal and I wanted to remember the way I felt tonight. Probably the happiest night I've had in months.]


1 comment:

Juniper said...

Excellent. I approve this blog post.