Monday, August 1, 2011

Here's the Situation.

All right, I been busy. It is what it is. Also I had absolutely nothing I felt inclined to blog about, but I've missed it and been looking for something I felt excited enough to write about.

So instead of taking out the trash like I should be, or going to bed like I should be, I'm going to tell you how much I love....


wait for it....








that's right! Jersey Shore!

There is absolutely no way to fully explain why or how I love that show. It's kind of a guilty pleasure that I don't feel guilty about at all. In fact I sort of revel in it and flaunt it because for some reason or other, people never expect me to love the show so much.
In fact, as I type, I'm watching/mostly listening to Season 2 [Miami].
This show. Gosh, sometimes it leaves me speechless. It's just... perfection. The epitome of everything that could possibly be wrong with the generation, showcased in the best way.

wow, sorry, got sucked in. Snooki just had camera time and said, I kid you not, "They're being sympathetic. Yeah, sympathetic. Word of the day, sympathetic."
If you didn't laugh something is wrong with you. Her ignorance is astounding to the point of being adorable.

She also has gems like this one:


On the topic of being hilariously quotable, Pauly D is also quite the comedian. It's not so much the words he says as the facial expression and tone of voice combo that are better than a classic burger and fries.
"Cabs are here"
"T-shirt time"
and this one, are just a few priceless Pauly D moments.
and goodness, that hair. I'm not sure where he gets his gel but I'm fairly certain it's stronger than cement, just sayin. I've never once caught a glimpse of his hair in any other shape. Amazing.
There are so many funny moments that I forget them all so quickly and have to just continue watching the episodes over and over again.



But seriously, the entire cast interacting with each other is what it's all about. While Snooki, Pauly D, Mike the Situation, and the Ron/Sammy crazystorm are entertaining on their own, the best parts come out of the entire cast being together. All the drunken mistakes and nights out at Karma brought them so close. Deep down they really are just one big happy not at all dysfunctional family. As pictured below.


haha did you love it? That's my favorite picture of the cast. Yes I have a favorite out of all of them.

Well anyway, the main reason for this post is to express to all 12 of you just how excited I am for the premiere of the fourth season, shot in Italy. A high school acquaintance, and facebook friend, of mine spent the spring/summer in Firenze doing I'm not sure what, but a lot of sight seeing and girls' nights out were involved. I love Europe so while I was stalking her pictures I witnessed something amazing.
You know that six degrees of separation thing? I'm officially only two degrees away from the cast of Jersey Shore. [one degree? I dunno how that system works, but I'm one person away] That's right folks. Amongst all those pictures of beautiful Italian buildings and toasting at dinner were pictures in a night club where the cast were partying. She had pictures of all of them! I hadn't envied someone like that since I found out in the fifth grade that my neighbor is related to Justin Timberlake. Fifth cousin twice removed? Still counts!
Screw amazing experiences having to do with living in Italy for a summer, she got to meet the cast of Jersey Shore. THAT is truly once in a lifetime. Italy will always be there. Except maybe Venice in a few decades...

Whether they or anyone else likes it or not, the Jersey Shore cast are always going to be in my heart. My obsession with them is worse than Helga's with Hey Arnold. Next thing you know I'll have busts of each of them sculpted out of gum hiding in my closet. [That really always creeped me out about Helga. How are you that level of creeper at such a young age??]

So to conclude, I might be somewhat well-adjusted for social appearances, but I go bat-sh*t crazy every time the 30 second promos come on MTV.
I scream every time.

I hope you all will join me in spirit Thursday, August 4th, for Jersdays 4.0
and yes I will be skipping institute to watch it. Hope that's not my last straw for damnation...

2 comments:

Jake and Danica said...

Erin, Can I just say how much I miss you right now? I LOVE that you love Jersey Shore. (Like paris hilton said the other day "I need to see an archeologist, my back is killing me" lol.)

Anyway how cool would it be if you got CALLED to italy. ;)

love you and your obssessions

and yes, Helga was always the creeper...but really, who's creepier, the creeper (helga) or the creeper who's got a thing for the creeper (that kid that always breathed through his teeth) :)

Ashleigh said...

I freaking miss you!!! You might have convinced me to start watching this. "because they're alive when they kill them." really? I need to judge her right now. Miss you.