Wednesday, February 16, 2011

music.

I miss singing. I mean actively singing; doing scales and other warm-ups and then singing from sheet music with a big group to the sound of piano keys.

since high school I haven't been in a choir or continued any training on my voice whatsoever. I wasn't phenomenal or anything back then, but I did pretty well for myself. I had been in chorus since fourth grade, had solos in concerts and a singing lead in my senior year musical.

I am not as good as I once was.
most singing now takes place on drives between laie and haleiwa or honolulu.
my voice is shaky and my range has decreased. it makes me really genuinely sad.
I love singing because when the notes and words are put together just right you get this feeling where your soul and all of your emotions are just too big to be contained within your body. I get chills or goosebumps so often when I listen to good music. there's such an incredible range of things you can feel when you listen to music and, in my opinion, even more when you're making it.

tonight I went through my itunes and made a playlist of all the songs I love singing.

I want to be musically oriented again. I want to play with harmonies again. I want to let emotions pour out of me again.

1 comment: