Wednesday, January 12, 2011

forgetful.

I sometimes forget how incredible some things are.

this time around, I forgot how much I love musical theater. it is an art. plain and simple. I forgot the power that songs from musicals can have.

my favorite musical is Les Miserables. it is majestic.
I especially love the 10th anniversary concert performance.

here's my favorite song:




just listening to the combination of his voice and those violins makes my soul feel infinite.
I might sound hyperbolic or over-dramatic but music touches me in a way nothing else can, and I find this performance to be a beautiful representation of musical theater as genuine art.

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Okay so while reading this, i thought how TRUE it is that music can touch one's soul in a way that almost nothing else can. And then i thought about how important it is to make sure the music i listen to is worthy of touching my soul. And then i felt like a mom.

Anonymous said...

Love Les Mis. It might be the greatest musical in the history of all musicals.

I have skype, but I am rarely on a computer with it's access... But we could set up a skype date! That is so awesome about the mission. PS really awesome blogger that you led me too doesn't update anymore... lame.